Friday 4 April 2014

falconry

Falconry is the upkeep of falcons. It is a very valued tradition in the UAE. Falconry is a sport that came to UAE many years ago. Poor people and rich people enjoyed it. It was a big part of their life in the desert. People think that it came by the Muslim Arabs who went to Byzantine and Persia. The falcon is known as the Saqer. It is very loved by the people because of its beauty and lovely eyes.




Both Sheikh Zayed and Sheikh Mohammed have shown great concern and support for this important part of the UAE's cultural heritage and till now UAE people care about it and practice falconry in the desert.








My brother raises falcons and breeds them. I think it’s important because it is related to the UAE’s heritage and it is very important for us as UAE Nationals to learn about falconry and make it a hobby. I liked going with my brother because it made me feel like I really belong here (UAE) .



No comments:

Post a Comment